Our ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management is seen as the 'must-have' qualification for the IT professional who wishes to continue to develop their role within IT Service Management.
ITIL® Foundation training from PRAGO is designed to ensure that you clear the ITIL® exam in the first attempt. The ITIL® Foundation certification is considered as the entry level qualification in the field of ITIL® certification path. Our training focuses on the key elements, concepts and terminologies associated with ITIL® service lifecycle management. It includes ITIL® Lifecycle Phase Interactions & Outcomes, ITSM processes and Service Management best practices.
The course syllabus consists of 9 key units. Each unit will gradually increase your knowledge and understanding of the overall ITIL® Framework and its benefits.
- Service Management as a Practice
This unit will help you understand what we mean by ‘a service’ and explain the concept of Service Management as a practice.
- The ITIL® Service Lifecycle
This unit will help you understand the value of the ITIL® Service lifecycle, how the processes integrate with each other throughout the lifecycle and explain the objectives, scope and business value for each phase in the lifecycle.
- Generic Concepts & Definitions
This unit will help you define some of the key terminology and explain the key concepts of service management.
- Key Principles & Models
This unit will help you to comprehend and account for the key principles and models of Service Management and to balance some of the opposing forces within Service Management.
- Selected Processes
This unit will help you understand how the Service Management processes contribute to the ITIL® Service Lifecycle, to explain the purpose, objectives, scope, basic concepts, activities and interfaces for four of the core processes (Service Level Management, Change Management, Incident Management and Problem Management) and to state the purpose, objectives and scope for eighteen of the remaining processes.
- Selected Functions
This unit will help you explain the role, objectives and organisational structures of the Service Desk function and to state the role, objectives and overlap of three other functions.
- Selected Roles
This unit will help you to account for and be aware of the responsibilities of some of the key roles in Service Management.
- Technology & Architecture
This unit will help you to understand how service automation assists with advancing Service Management processes.
- Competence & Training (Not Examinable)
This unit will help you understand the key competencies and skills required for successful Service Management.
The course is designed as an introduction to ITIL and enables you to understand how an integrated ITSM framework can be utilized to achieve IT business integration, cost reductions and increased productivity. The agenda includes:
- What is ITIL; its strategic and operational benefits; and an overview of ITIL’s certification program
- ITIL’s key concepts, definitions and objectives
- ITIL’s “service-driven lifecycle” approach, and the structure, components and processes and functions of the five core ITIL books. For each of the five core books and the related processes and functions, the course provides:
- A high level description of the main activities, goals and benefits
- Process interrelationships and interdependencies, what “process integration” and “business integration” really mean
- Key metrics and management reporting
The course prepares you for the examination leading to the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management. This certification is the prerequisite for the Intermediate and Expert levels of ITIL certification.
- Individuals who want a basic understanding of the ITIL® Framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT Service Management within an organisation.
- For IT professionals who are working within an organisation that has already adopted and adapted ITIL®, but who need to be informed about how they can contribute to an on-going service improvement programme.
PREREQUISITES & EXAM, CERTIFICATION & AWARDS
There are no mandatory prerequisites, however it is recommended that you read through the ITIL Foundation syllabus prior to the start of the course. Work experience in IT services is recommended.
EXAM, CERTIFICATION & AWARDS
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the Foundation Certificate In IT Service Management. A 60-minute, 40 question, multiple-choice exam is scheduled on the last day of the course, and is administered by an independent examination body. For online courses, the exam may be scheduled and completed online. A passing mark of 65% is required to receive your certificate. A sample exam is delivered during the course to help prepare attendees for the final exam
- 2 ITIL credits
Competent and have though knowledge on subject matter.
Senior System Admin-Pakistan Petroleum Limited
Good teaching style and effective techniques..
CBS-Pakistan Petroleum Limited
Always ready to take question, confident, kept the audience active 🙂
Associate-Pakistan Petroleum Limited
I learned alot from this training, trainer was very well prepared and helped alot in understanding topics from basic to intermediate level, i highly recommend others. Executive
IT Executive - Nestle
This course is very much relevant to my job, and would help me to carry out my daily tasks in effective way. Trainer delivered this session in a very effective way which is greatly appreciated.
Service Desk - Nestle Pakistan
The course was an excellent opportunity to review & discuss each of the knowledge areas. Ali shows a genuine interest in the groups success & really makes an effort for the team. I am very happy to have Ali as a facilitator & a subject matter expert. Excellent PRAGO.
Deputy Director - SECP
very helpful in understanding the ITIL framework and trainer was very helpful and had good grip of the subject
Director IT - SECP
Great course! Excellent materials and presentations. I can take what I learned and start applying ‘best practices’ directly to my current organization.
My training experience with PRAGO has been thoroughly professional and the trainer was well experienced.
AVP IT - ZTBL
The best part of the training was that trainer customized training in a manner that helped us to understand the subject in detail.
IT Operations Manager
The training was very well organized. With the case study approach, I was able to understand the concept with clarity.
Manager service desk
The trainer has an excellent command over the subject and has very good method of teaching. He is outstanding. He answered all the questions. It was the best among all the trainings I attended
It was very informative and was a wonderful opportunity to know the process of ITIL. After attending the course, I now understand the importance of the ITIL process.
ITIL® – The trainer was excellent and helped in understanding the details very well. Training was handled effectively. I will personally recommend PRAGO to all professionals. 24 Dec,2015
error: Content is protected !!