The ITIL® Service Design certificate (SD) is the second phase in the five phases of the ITIL® IT Service Management lifecycle. This certification is intended to enable existing holders of the ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT Service Management to gain the skills needed to have a comprehensive understanding of the processes and roles described in the Service Design element of the Service Management lifecycle.
The course focuses on the design of the IT services, including all of the relevant aspects - architectures, processes and policies, and documentation. These need to be aligned to meet the needs of the business, both at this point in time, and in the future.
About The Course
This course will help organisations to improve the quality of their IT Service Management. It will increase the understanding of ITIL principles and terminology and the concepts, processes, functions and activities of Service Design. It also provides a detailed overview of the key elements of Service Design and provides the opportunity to sit the ITIL Lifecycle examination in Service Design. The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Design Certificate is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management Certificate.
Upon successful completion of the course candidates can expect to gain competencies in the followings:
- Introduction to Service Design
- Service Design Principles
- Service Design processes – Will look at Design Coordination, Service Catalogue Management, Service Level Management, Availability Management, Capacity Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Information Security Management – the warranty processes and Supplier Management (Excluded are detailed knowledge of process activities, methods and techniques)
- Service Design technology-related activities
- Organising for Service Design
- Technology considerations
- Implementation and improvement of Service Design
- Challenges, Critical success factors and Risks
By ensuring that the business and IT work together as a team, this will ensure that the design and delivery of a new or changed service meets the customer requirements that will deliver the performance improvements or increased profitability (depending on what the service change was aimed to address). IT staff will be more aligned with the aims of the business as a whole, rather than just the technical aspects.
You will gain an understanding on how to ensure that the service is designed in the appropriate manner to meet all of the requirements (both business and IT), thereby improving the quality of the deliverables. By enabling IT to be able to respond quickly and effectively to the needs of the business, will generate increased team functionality – increased enjoyment of delivering what was required, on time. By having a better understanding of the best-practice framework, it will enable you to identify areas for improvement back at the workplace, and allow you to develop your current role further, and help you do your job better.The reward being advancement within your company and a potential to increase your salary!
The Service Design certification would suit candidates in the following IT professions:
- Capacity Manager
- Availability Manager
- Service Level Manager
- Business Continuity Manager
- Service Portfolio Manager.
This list is a guide only, and choices will depend on individual career goals and objectives.
SERVICE DESIGN EXAMINATION
The exam format is as follows:
- Multiple choice examination questions
- Eight questions per paper
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
- 90 minutes’ duration
- Closed book
The training material is very good and exhaustive. The trainer has great knowledge on the course and on practical examples as well. The course shall be of great help for preparing for the PMP exam. Excellent trainer for this course
error: Content is protected !!