The IT Infrastructure Library® (ITIL) is the most widely accepted approach to IT Service Management in the world. ITIL is a Best Practice framework that has been drawn from both the public and private sectors internationally. It describes how IT resources should be organised to deliver business value, documenting the processes, functions and roles of IT Service Management (ITSM).
About The Course
The aim of the course is to improve the way any organisation delivers the ITIL Service Lifecycle. It will increase the knowledge and understanding of terminology, processes, activities and roles. It provides a detailed exploration of organisation and human aspects of ITIL such as team functions and departmental operations and provides the opportunity to sit the ITIL Lifecycle examination in Service Operation. The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Operation Certificate is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management Certificate.
Upon successful completion of the course candidates can expect to gain competencies in the followings:
- Introduction to Service Operation
- Service Operation Principles
- Service Operation processes – Will look at the purpose and objectives, risks, challenges of each of the following processes – Event Management, Incident Management,
- Request Fulfillment, Access Management and Problem Management (Excluded are detailed knowledge of process activities, methods and techniques)
- Common Service Operation activities
- Organising for Service operation – functions
- Technology considerations
- Implementing and improving Service Operation
- Challenges, Critical success factors and Risks
- Individuals who require an in depth understanding of the ITIL Service Operation stage of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT Service provision within an organisation
- IT Professionals working within, or about to enter a Service Operation environment and requiring an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved
- 90 minute duration
- 8 scenario-based, gradient scored questions
- 70% required to pass
- This course provides 3 credits towards the ITIL Expert Qualification in IT Service Management.
Organisational benefits gained through understanding IT Service Operation include:
- IT teams can deliver a consistently high standard in the running of IT Services. From the customer’s point of view, that means they are able to completely rely on the IT services to help them achieve their desired results.
- From the IT team’s perspective, consistently good service delivery means less fire-fighting leading to the ability to take a more proactive approach to service delivery.
As an individual you will benefit from:
- Gaining an understanding of how to be a more effective, and therefore more valued team member through the use and understanding of Service Operation processes.
- Medium to long term you may gain other benefits such as a promotion within your own organisation or other opportunities to advance your career!
The Service Operation certification would suit candidates in the following roles:
- Release Manager
- Security Administrator
- Applications Support
- IT Operations Manager
- Database Administrator
- Problem Manager
- Service Desk and Incident Manager
- Network Support
- Security Manager
SERVICE OPERATION EXAMINATION
The exam format is as follows:
- Multiple choice examination questions
- Eight questions per paper
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
- 90 minutes’ duration
- Closed book.
The training material is very good and exhaustive. The trainer has great knowledge on the course and on practical examples as well. The course shall be of great help for preparing for the PMP exam. Excellent trainer for this course
error: Content is protected !!