The ITIL® Service Transition course focuses on managing transitions of services and processes to ensure that the maximum benefits are delivered to the target organisations. This three-day course will help you to understand the issues around controlling the building, testing and implementation of changes to services – and why it is important to do so. You’ll also find out how Service Transition processes can apply throughout the Service Management Lifecycle, for example how Knowledge Management can underpin decisions in both Strategy and Operations. The course also covers the importance of understanding how transitions can affect people and how to manage them though changes to a successful conclusion.
About The Course
This course will help any organisation to improve the quality of their IT Service Management. It increases understanding about ITIL principles and terminology, and the concepts, processes, functions and activities of IT Service Transition. The course also covers Service Transition rationale and provides the opportunity to sit the ITIL Lifecycle examination in Service Transition. The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Transition Certificate is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management Certificate.
Upon successful completion of the course candidates can expect to gain competencies in the followings:
- Introduction to Service Transition
- Service Transition Principles
- Service Transition processes – Will look at Transition Planning & Support, Change Management, Service Asset & Configuration Management, Release & Deployment Management, Service Validation & Testing, Change Evaluation and Knowledge Management (Excluded are detailed knowledge of process activities, methods and techniques)
- Managing people through Service Transition
- Organising for Service Transition
- Technology considerations
- Implementing and improving Service Transition
- Challenges, Critical success factors and Risks
- Individuals who require an in depth understanding of the ITIL Service Transition stage of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT Service provision within an organisation
- IT Professionals working within, or about to enter a Service Transition environment and requiring an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved.
Through understanding Service Transition, the IT teams can more successfully handle higher volumes of change. From the customer’s point of view, that results in a greater percentage of IT changes delivering the desired improvements without unnecessary disruption. From the IT team’s viewpoint, it means an increased level of trust from the customers and users.
You will gain an understanding on how to control changes to the IT services with the appropriate level of flexibility. This will lead to great confidence in your own abilities and hence better job satisfaction. You may gain other benefits such as increased promotion within your own organisation along with a potential to increase your salary!
SERVICE TRANSITION EXAMINATION
The exam format is as follows:
- Multiple choice examination questions
- Eight questions per paper
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
- 90 minutes’ duration
- Closed book.
The training material is very good and exhaustive. The trainer has great knowledge on the course and on practical examples as well. The course shall be of great help for preparing for the PMP exam. Excellent trainer for this course
error: Content is protected !!