Planning, protection and optimisation covers the purpose, objectives, value to the business, service design basics, scope and service design’s role within the ITIL® Lifecycle and the role of design coordination to ensure that what we deliver to our organisations meets their requirements and supports the outcomes they need to achieve to be successful.
This course will take you through an explanation of these fundamentals and show how they drive the need for ensuring that during the design activities all aspects of the service and its requirements throughout its lifecycle are considered, and to facilitate the introduction of these services into supported environments ensuring quality service delivery, customer satisfaction and cost-effective service provision.
This course is made up of the modules listed below. Each module aims to help you understand each section and give you a full understanding of each subject.
- Introduction – this initial unit of this course provides an introduction to the core concepts and terminology used in the lifecycle stages that are related to PPO. These include select processes from the Service Design and the Service Strategy lifecycle phases.
- Capacity Management – this unit addresses how the process of Capacity Management contributes to PPO practices. The lifecycle phase emphasised in this unit is Service Design. It provides a complete overview of the objectives, scope and importance of Capacity Management as a process to generate business value.
- Availability Management – this unit addresses how the process of Availability Management contributes to PPO practices. It provides a complete overview of the objectives, scope and importance of Availability Management as a process to generate business value.
- IT Service Continuity Management – this unit covers the IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM) process and how it contributes to PPO. It provides a complete overview of the objectives, scope and importance of IT Service Continuity Management as a process to generate business value.
- Information Security Management – this unit covers how Information Security Management (ISM) process contributes to PPO practices. It provides a complete overview of the objectives, scope and importance of ISM as a process to generate business value.
- Demand Management – this unit addresses how the Demand Management process contributes to PPO practices. The lifecycle phase emphasised in this unit is Service Strategy. It provides a complete overview of the objectives, scope and importance of Demand Management as a process, as well as of what activity based Demand Management and business activity patterns are.
- Planning Protection and Optimisation Roles and Responsibilities – in this unit we look at how service roles and responsibilities contribute to PPO practices. In all the PPO focus areas, the key roles and responsibilities accountable for executing each process step are defined and discussed.
- Technology and Implementation Considerations – this unit deals with technology and implementation considerations and how they contribute to PPO practices. The lifecycle phases emphasised in this unit are Service Design, Service Operation and Service Transition. Service Design is specifically used to identify good practices and evaluation criteria for technology and tooling elated to process implementation.
You will gain an understanding on how Planning, protection and optimisation forms the core of the Service Design stage of the ITIL® Lifecycle and works to try and ensure that designs meet organisational requirements (both now and in the future) and support the outcomes the organisation needs to achieve to be considered successful.
It will also become apparent from the training that any flaws in the service design activities will inevitably lead to a service that fails to meet the organisational needs and requirements, resulting in the need for remedial work being undertaken within the production environment, leading to dissatisfaction from the organisation, and additional workload for IT in trying to correct the design faults that exist.
By having a better understanding of the best-practice framework, and in this particular course, Planning, protection and optimisation, it will enable you to identify areas for improvement back at the workplace, and allow you to develop your current role further, and help you do your job better.The reward being advancement within your company and a potential to increase your salary!
This course will be applicable if you:
- Are an individual who requires a detailed understanding of the Planning, Protection & Optimisation (PPO) processes and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organisation.
- Are an IT professional working within an organisation that has adopted and adapted ITIL® but needs to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an on-going service improvement programme
- Are a member of operational staff involved in the following areas who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities:
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Demand Management
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL® Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL® Expert is a prerequisite.
PREREQUISITES & EXAM FORMAT
You must hold the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (the V3 Foundation or V2 Foundation plus Bridge Certificate) and have completed an accredited training course to take the exam.
What format is the exam?
- 90 minute ‘closed book’
- Eight multiple choice, scenario-based questions
- Pass mark is 70% (28/40)
Please note that as of May 2015 ACQUIROS requires evidence of this certificate. In order to sit the exam you must provide a paper photocopy of your ITIL Foundation Certificate. Please ensure you bring this with you on the first day of your course. If you fail to do so you will NOT be able to sit the exam.
The training material is very good and exhaustive. The trainer has great knowledge on the course and on practical examples as well. The course shall be of great help for preparing for the PMP exam. Excellent trainer for this course
error: Content is protected !!