ITIL® Practitioner gives individuals the ability to identify and deliver improvement initiatives in the workplace. Individuals learn the ‘what’ and ‘why’ with Foundation, but the 2-day ITIL® Practitioner Classroom course will give you the ‘how to’ and fully prepare you for the ITIL® Practitioner examination. ITIL® Practitioner prepares individuals for a broad range of challenges faced within ITSM, equipping them with practical guidance, confidence and know-how to adopt and adapt the ITIL® framework according to an organization’s requirements.
This is not your typical ITIL® course!
Specific ITIL® processes are not discussed during the agenda. Instead, focus is given to teaching you the management and business skills needed to apply a “fit for purpose” approach for implementing ITIL® concepts.
Other ITIL courses teach the “what” you have to know, and not the “how” to implement. It is important to understand that knowledge of ITIL good practices alone does not guarantee the success of IT Service Management (ITSM) initiatives. ITIL practices need to be “Adopted” and “Adapted” to the specific circumstances and requirements of the organization. But how is this done? How do you ensure that your ITSM approach will deliver real business value? And, how can changes and improvements be sustained over time with minimum risk and the highest likelihood of success?
To answer these important questions, the course focuses on:
- Continual Service Improvement (CSI), and what it really means to apply the CSI model
- Organizational Change Management, and how to lead and manage the all-important people side of change
- Communications, and how to develop effective awareness and communication plans so that all stakeholders benefit
- Measurements & Metrics, and how to apply a true business perspective
In addition, this course introduces the Guiding Principles critical to embedding a CSI culture, specifically:
- Focusing On Value – as determined by the customer
- Designing For Experience – ensuring the customer and user experiences with IT services are positive
- Starting From Where You Are – leveraging what you already have and resisting the temptation to “start from scratch”
- Working Holistically – integrating hardware and software, data, processes, architectures, metrics, tools, people and partners
- Progressing Iteratively – defining short-term wins and delivering the large, valuable outcomes through small, easier-to-manage activities
- Observing Directly – basing decisions on accurate and relevant data by going to the source
- Being Transparent – to avoid resistance to change and foster trust
- Collaboration – getting the right people involved in the right ways
- Keeping It Simple – by eliminating activities that do not add value
Participants will receive a toolkit that includes relevant references from existing ITSM and ITIL publications, worksheets, templates, case studies and scenarios, and recommended value-added reading.
The organisational benefits of attending the ITIL® Practitioner Certificate training course are that it:
- Builds on the knowledge previously gained at the ITIL® Foundation course
- Will show you how to effectively and efficiently implement IT Service Management using the ITIL® framework
- Will ensure that your IT services are aligned with business needs.
- Will demonstrate the value that efficient IT service bring to an organisation.
- Will ensure that badly needed processes are implemented without the need to employ costly consultants.
The individual benefits of attending the ITIL® Practitioner Certificate training course are that:
- It will give you a broader knowledge how how to implement IT Service Management using the ITIL® Framework.
- You will gain an insight into effective and efficient methods of process design and deployment.
- It will enhance your ITSM career prospects .
This is a management level course and we strongly recommend that you hold a managerial level position. This course is for those in an IT management role seeking to take the knowledge gained from ITIL courses, and adopt, adapt and apply it successfully.
To gain the most from this course you are in one of the following roles:
- Director, AVP, VP
- Project Manager/Director
- Operations or IT Infrastructure Manager
- Quality Assurance
- Business Relationship Manager
- Process Owner
- Change Agent
- IT Department, Division or Group Manager
ABOUT ITIL® PRACTITIONER CERTIFICATION
Before attending an ITIL® Practitioner Certificate training course you must previously have gained an ITIL® Foundation certificate (v2, v3 or v2011).
EXAM, CERTIFICATION & AWARDS
ITIL® Practitioner is complementary to and fits in with the current ITIL® qualification scheme.
- To take the ITIL® Practitioner exam, individuals must hold an existing ITIL® Foundation certificate.
- ITIL® Practitioner is not a prerequisite for the ITIL® Intermediate Level qualifications.
- ITIL® Practitioner is worth three credits towards the ITIL® Expert qualification.
- ITIL® Practitioner is also worth 15 points towards your ITIL® digital badge as part of the AXELOS Professional Development Programme.
- The examination is open book and made up of multiple choice questions based on a scenario.
The training material is very good and exhaustive. The trainer has great knowledge on the course and on practical examples as well. The course shall be of great help for preparing for the PMP exam. Excellent trainer for this course
error: Content is protected !!