COBIT® is a globally recognised framework for the management and governance of IT in enterprises. Developed by ISACA, a non-profit, independent association for IT governance professionals around the world, it draws from the collective knowledge and experience of the organisation’s global development team.
COBIT® provides best practices, tools and models for gaining the best value from information systems and is used by Enterprises of all sizes, whether commercial, not-for-profit or in the public sector, can benefit from COBIT 5.
The COBIT® 5 Foundation course provides the ideal introduction to COBIT® 5 and provides full preparation for the Foundation Certificate exam.
COBIT® 5 is the only business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT. COBIT® Version 5 incorporates the latest thinking in enterprise governance and management techniques, and provides globally accepted principles, practices, analytical tools and models to help increase the trust in, and value from, information systems.
COBIT® 5 helps enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realising benefits and optimising risk levels and resource use. The framework addresses both business and IT functional areas across an enterprise and considers the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders. Enterprises of all sizes, whether commercial, not-for-profit or in the public sector, can benefit from COBIT® 5.
1. Introduction to COBIT® 5
- New COBIT® 5 Framework components and new process model
- COBIT® Processes Reference Guide and new processes
2. COBIT® 5 Framework
- Goals Cascade
- Governance and Management
- Process Reference Model
- Implementation Guidance
- Process Capability Model
- Information Model
- Organisational Structures Model
- Skills and Competencies Model
- Principles and Policies Model
- Culture, Ethics and Behaviour Model
- Service Capabilities Model
3. COBIT® 5 Process Reference Model
- Process identification
- Process description
- Process purpose statement
- Goals cascade information IT-related goals
- Process goals and metrics
- RACI chart
- Detailed description of the process practices
- Practice title and description
- Practice inputs and outputs
- Process activities
4. Processes Reference Model
- Governance processes
- Evaluate, Direct and Monitor
- Management processes
- Align, Plan and Organise
- Build, Acquire and Implement
- Deliver, Service and Support
- Monitor, Evaluate and Assure
By the end of the course, you will know and understand:
- The major drivers for the development of COBIT® 5
- The business benefits of using COBIT® 5
- The COBIT® 5 Project Architecture
- The IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises.
- The 5 Key Principles of COBIT® 5 for the governance and management of Enterprise IT.
- How COBIT® 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise.
- How the COBIT® 5 processes and the Process Reference Model (PRM) help guide the creation of 5 x Principles and 7 x Governance and Management Enablers.
- The COBIT® 5 guides and how they interrelate.
This course is designed for:
- Business Executives responsible for IT Governance
- Professionals and Managers of IT Service Providers
- Risk and Security Practitioners
- Auditors / Assurance Professionals
- Quality Professionals
- Consultants, Service Managers and Project Managers
ABOUT COBIT®5 FOUNDATION CERTIFICATION
The exam format is as follows:
- Multiple choice
- 50 questions per paper with 1 mark available per question
- 25 marks required to pass – 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book.
- Qualified Team
The client service philosophy entails world class advisory delivered by talented and expert professionals. PRAGO has a team of working professionals who come from different fields of expertise. The corporate acumen and professional knack backed by years of learned experience distinguishes PRAGO from its competitors.
- Collective Drive
PRAGO is consultancy and training firm where world’s leading business enterprises get enduring results. We strive to become an integrated partner with our clients, serving as an extension of management and professional team. Together we develop strategies and insights to act on and motivate team to obtain and retain success. We are determined to take extra toil in gouging out the best possible solutions for our clients and to deliver results no matter what it takes. Collaborative working.
- Pragmatic & Realizable Solutions
As professional consultants we are always ready to assist our clients in solving their business issues and providing them pragmatic solutions to enhance their ability to build value, manage risks and improve performance. Our solutions enable corporate entities to achieve the greatest goal of organizational success that ensures embedded individual growth as well.
- Unremitting Improvement
PRAGO believes in unremitting improvement on day to day basis by exercising assiduous performance. And we take it as our responsibility to make the world moving ahead consistently. Being a consultancy organization we aim to enrich the economic standard of individuals and corporate entities through the implementation of our idea, and the idea of unremitting improvement empowers us to transform potential into reality, expertise, intellect and drive to make it happen.
The training material is very good and exhaustive. The trainer has great knowledge on the course and on practical examples as well. The course shall be of great help for preparing for the PMP exam. Excellent trainer for this course
error: Content is protected !!